Founded in 1935, The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS), is a leader in the lodging and entertainment industries.
The Marcus Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is included in the Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600 Index and the Russell 2000 Index and other indexes. The company was founded in 1935 with the purchase of a single movie theatre in Ripon, Wisconsin.
Marcus Theatres® is the fifth largest theatre circuit in the U.S., with locations in major markets in the Midwest.
Marcus Hotels and Resorts owns and manages a distinctive portfolio of hotels, resorts and other properties that are unique in their markets.
Certain matters discussed on this website are “forward-looking statements” intended to qualify for the safe harbors from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may generally be identified as such because the context of such statements include words such as we “believe,” “anticipate,” “expect” or words of similar import. Similarly, statements that describe our future plans, objectives or goals are also forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties which may cause results to differ materially from those expected, including, but not limited to, the following:
- the availability, in terms of both quantity and audience appeal, of motion pictures for our theatre division, as well as other industry dynamics such as the maintenance of a suitable window between the date such motion pictures are released in theatres and the date they are released to other distribution channels;
- the effects of increasing depreciation expenses, reduced operating profits during major property renovations, and preopening and start-up costs due to the capital intensive nature of our businesses;
- the effects of adverse economic conditions in our markets, particularly with respect to our hotels and resorts division;
- the effects of adverse weather conditions, particularly during the winter in the Midwest and in our other markets;
- the effects on our occupancy and room rates from the relative industry supply of available rooms at comparable lodging facilities in our markets;
- the effects of competitive conditions in our markets;
- our ability to identify properties to acquire, wwwelop and/or manage and continuing availability of funds for such wwwelopment; and
- the adverse impact on business and consumer spending on travel, leisure and entertainment resulting from terrorist attacks in the United States, the United States’ responses thereto and subsequent hostilities. Shareholders, potential investors and other readers are urged to consider these factors carefully in evaluating the forward-looking statements and are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements made herein are made only as of the date of this website and we undertake no obligation to publicly update such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Shareholders, potential investors and other readers are urged to consider these factors carefully in evaluating the forward-looking statements and are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements made herein are made only as of the date of this website and we undertake no obligation to publicly update such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.