The Marcus Corporation Foundation
Our giving reflects our role as an entertainment and hospitality company, and our Foundation giving is primarily focused on our HQ community with organizations where we have a relationship.
Economic & Community Vitality
Arts & Culture, job creation, University of Wisconsin School of Architecture and Urban Planning Marcus Prize, etc.
Health & Human Services
Support for United Way and selected United Way program partners, i.e. Boys & Girls Clubs, hospital research, etc.
Education & Conservation
Culinary/hospitality talent pipeline development and other post-secondary support, Milwaukee Preservation Alliance, etc.
What We Support
• Primarily Foundation Board Director selected and supported efforts that add to economic and community vitality in our Headquarters community
• Selected Foundation Board Director driven multi-year pledges, capital campaigns, general operations and/or program funding in key focus areas outlined above
• Note: Foundation practice is a three-year hiatus between the end of one multi-year pledge to an organization and the next multi-year contribution
What We Don't Support
• Organizations that are not U.S. based and tax-exempt under paragraph 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code
• Individuals, for any purpose, including individual fundraising support for thons (bike, walks, etc.)
• Lobbying, political organizations or political causes or organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
• Labor, religious or fraternal groups that do not provide services to the community at large
• Grants relating to a specific sales opportunity
• Event sponsorships/fundraising events and in-kind giving (these requests are managed directly by the Hotel and Theatre Divisions)
• Grants to individual K-12 schools, clubs, robotics teams, or youth sports teams - (see our Marcus Theatres Student Motivation Program)
• Charities or foundations outside our focus areas outlined above
October 1 Submission Deadline for:
New requests for consideration at the December Foundation meeting (board meets once a year)
Invoices for pre-approved requests for December payment processing
- Approved requests at the annual December meeting are generally processed the following December
- Approval notifications are made by February 28
- Payment processing and transmittal can take up to 60 days
Online submissions are coming soon!
Check back in August 2020 for application and consideration for the 2020 Funding season.
The majority of our Foundation giving is done in our headquarters community. For requests outside the Greater Milwaukee area, please check with your local Marcus Corporation facility, be that a theatre or hotel, who determines and prioritizes local needs and evaluates local requests.
We encourage you to explore our websites, both to look for an answer and to get a broader sense of our activity in the community.